We are looking to hire a Software Developer to join our Team. You’ll develop major components of the backend API’s that power our consumer apps.
These team builds and operates the API’s at the heart of our parking platform, enabling over 17 million users to conveniently pay for parking. The team’s current focus is on transitioning our core parking service from a legacy monolith to a microservice cloud architecture, while adding new capabilities and features to support our multi-national client base. Every member of the team contributes to our technical direction, taking the lead in specific technical or functional areas.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Leave your fingerprints on the design of products, architect our infrastructure, and improve technical documentation
- Be a go-to technical expert for other people in the organization, articulating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Write code and mentor teammates as they test-drive code for new features and bugfixes.
- Learn from your teammates and help them learn through pairing and mob programming sessions
- Work with your team to design and develop automated test suites, specify and refine acceptance criteria, and establish test plans.
- Participate in code reviews to share expertise with the team, ensure code quality, and verify PCI compliance
- Use and improve our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for your team’s products
- Monitor the health and success of your team’s products through application, system, and business metrics
- Own the success of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages
- Provide on-call, critical response on a rotational basis to support relevant PayByPhone development teams.
- 2+ years’ experience designing, developing, and maintaining scalable production software that stands up to real-world users and production conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- An excellent understanding of software engineering techniques
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or DynamoDB
- You’ve worked in or are interested in working in an agile environment using processes like Kanban or Scrum
- Experience mentoring junior and intermediate developers
- Experience with TDD/BDD practices
The nice to haves:
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/Azure
- Previous experience and/or interest in team leadership
- Experience with service-oriented or microservice architecture, including asynchronous event-based integration
- Experience improving legacy systems, or migrating them to a microservice architecture
- Full work from home (5 days a week)
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Educational aids and paid subscriptions, certifications and exams.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Career Growth.
- Recreational Company Activities.
- High-end equipment for work.
- Free nutritionist for all employees.
- Discounted rates at many national couriers and commerces.
Human Talent Director