We are looking for a Software Engineer in PHP for a fully remote and full time position, to join our team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will build the backend services that power our application, scale distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
· Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate PHP services that process millions of online purchases each month.
· Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
· Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and lunch-and-learns.
· Mentor junior developers to help them improve their coding practices
· Investigate and resolve system functionality and performance issues
· An experienced developer with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent deep knowledge.
· 6+ years of coding experience
· Experience with PHP
· An aptitude for learning new languages
· Expert in domain-driven design and distributed systems.
· Take pride in your craft and understand what it means to ship high-quality code.
· Proficient with MySQL
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience would be a great plus