- Provide advanced-level technical support to our customers, partners, prospects, and other support engineers
- Specialize in at least one of the support specialization areas and serve as SME for internal and external customers
- Contribute to the Alation Support Knowledge Base by regularly authoring, editing and updating technical documentation such as KB articles, runbooks, community FAQs, product documentation, etc.
- Facilitate internal and external technical enablement sessions
- Build and utilize complex lab setups to replicate and resolve problems
- CS degree and at least 5 years of experience as a support engineer providing enterprise software application support
- Experience troubleshooting Linux and running shell commands
- Experience with Relational Databases, such Oracle and Postgres. SQL is a must.
- Ability to diagnose and debug applications written Java and/or Python
- Experience with Web servers, such as Apache and Nginx
Experience with REST APIs
A big plus if you have experience in the following areas:
- Postgres (DB internals)
- JDBC drivers
- Elasticsearch, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, HBase)
- Cloud technologies and frameworks such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Full work from home (5 days a week)
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Educational aids and paid subscriptions, certifications and exams.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Career Growth.
- Recreational Company Activities.
- High-end equipment for work.
- Free nutritionist for all employees.
- Discounted rates at many national couriers and commerces.
Human Talent Director