SailPoint is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to work on its SaaS Platform team. We are looking for well-rounded backend engineers who are passionate about building and delivering reliable, scalable microservices and infrastructure for SaaS products.
The SaaS platform team owns a variety of functional areas within our engineering organization.
Some of the areas included in our focus include:
· Shared services including authentication, authorization, notifications and an API Gateway
· Platform Level Microservices
· Tools to provide visibility into health of the SaaS platform
· Improvements to the development stack and development experience.
· Proving out new technologies to be adopted into the stack
· Ensuring that our platform components are scalable and performant.
· Deliver efficient, maintainable, robust Java based microservices.
· Produce designs and rough estimates, and implement features based on product requirements.
· Collaborate with peers on designs, code reviews, and testing.
· Produce unit and end-to-end tests to improve code quality and maximize code coverage for new and existing features.
· Strong Java experience
· A desire to peer review others code and have yours reviewed
· You understand the importance of shipping code early and often
· The love of collaborating with your co-workers to arrive at simple, elegant solutions to problems
· BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Experience with AWS
· Experience with Continuous Delivery
· Experience with Kafka
· Experience instrumenting code for gathering production performance metrics