The Marketing Specialist / Content writer is responsible for planning, writing, and promoting marketing related activities to generate qualified leads for the business. This position is responsible for researching topics that are of interest to our buyer personas and writing articles, social media posts, white papers, emails and other marketing collateral for developing interest in our services. The person hired should have at least 8 years of experience in marketing content production and promotion.
- Create and manage our marketing plan.
- Manage the success of our website and social media company pages in generating leads and connections.
- Use technical knowledge, trending topics, and SEO skills to make improvements to our website and social media pages.
- Use Google analytics to track website visitors and work to increase conversions each month
- Increase visibility to buyers including IT/engineering leaders, including VP Engineering, CTO, Sr Directors of Engineering, Director of Engineering, Product Directors through a variety of activities
- Manage marketing plan including:
- Write content on our website to drive conversions and leads
- Post on our LinkedIn company page with the goal to increase followers and shares, ultimately leading to more connections, leads, and clients.
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter
- Promote events such as webinars to showcase expertise
- Write case studies to show experience in certain industries and technologies
- Write/edit email campaigns to prospective clients
- Promote our company on Twitter by posting articles, following target audiences, and increasing our followers
- Assist with writing marketing and sales collateral and coordinating design to fit our brand.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university and 8+ years related experience and/or training-
Strong English skills of a minimum of C2 level. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical articles. Ability to write articles for publication that demonstrate technical experience and resources. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, SEO techniques, social media (Linkedin, Twitter) and a marketing platform like HubSpot.