The ideal candidate on the DevOps team will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem solving, and is committed to delivering seamless product availability to large enterprises around the world.
· Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
· Automate build, test, and deployment for distributed, fault-tolerant infrastructure
· Monitoring and incident response for distributed applications
· Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
· Utilize a combination of open-source and custom software to solve product challenges
· Design and implement IP Networking in VPC environment
· Drive improvement to operational practices and procedures
· Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO, SOX, SSAE 16, etc.
Background & Experience:
· Experience in 24x7 production operations for a SaaS or cloud service provider
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, IAM, DynamoDB)
· Container orchestration and management platforms (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker)
· Server and application monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Kibana)
· Deploying and managing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
· System programming skills in Go, Ruby, etc.
· Diagnose and troubleshooting Java applications
· Familiar with CI/CD practices and tools (Git, Jenkins)
· Strong understanding of *nix system and networking concepts
· Understanding of distributed, event-based messaging architectures (Kafka, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to implement process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
· Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience