Excel SoftSources is looking for a dynamic Scrum Master to join a major eCommerce client company. In this role, you'll be in charge of leading the incident process to resolution restoring our company's provided tech operations swiftly, and facilitating the agile development process through the implementation of Scrum methodologies.
You will also log and categorize important events during Scrum calls to facilitate teamwork.
To be a successful Scrum Master, you should have a go-getter attitude and not be afraid to reach out to many people in the organization to improve processes or ask for help or guidance. Ultimately, an outstanding Scrum Master should excel at multitasking and remain judicious during major incidents and all sprint phases.
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more agile development teams, facilitating the Scrum framework and ensuring adherence to agile principles.
- Guide and coach, the team on agile practices, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Remove any obstacles or impediments that may hinder the team's progress and success.
- Foster a collaborative and self-organizing team environment, promoting continuous improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with product owners and stakeholders to prioritize and manage the product backlog.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the root cause, and initiating the incident management process and triage.
- Leading calibration, sprint planning and daily standups.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring issues.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
- Documenting best practices and operating procedures to ensure an effective follow-up of incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, or a related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in working with people and being able to hold people accountable, learning which steps to take.
- In-depth understanding of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and experience in applying them in software development projects.
- Proven experience in incident management, preferably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of IT Project management would be a plus.
- Having a logical mindset, with the ability to be empathetic, perceptive, and intuitive.
- Schedule flexibility, ability to jump on a call to resolve incidents.
- Administrative and operational tasks are involved so we are looking for someone with an operations background in the best-case scenario.
- Have an analytical mindset being able to determine trends by looking at data.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time teamwork skills.