Excel Softsources is searching for a Sr Technical Project Manager whospecializes in managing CRM marketing service technical initiatives. The candidate will work closely with cross functional. Technical Services and Engineering teams (among others) on both the internal, and client side to effectively manage resources and schedules while ensuring quality standards of data driven technical solution.
He/she will be supporting key client accounts within a client portfolio, working in close partnership with identified clients, and client services counterparts. He/she should have exceptional project management skills, Technical Database and data integration understanding, and leadership in both client facing and technical roles contributing to building successful, profitable client deliverables.
- Project Planning and Management– Define project scope, work breakdown structure, and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks, dependencies, and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management– Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support– Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement– Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building– promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Lead fact-gathering sessions to capture current state and future state processes as well as to capture and mitigate areas of risk.
- Manage project documentation and capture requirements from all functional stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional meetings, provide project status and drive open issues to resolution.
- Present status updates on portfolio of initiatives and own issue resolution for initiatives.
- Analyze, recommend, and drive process and program improvements across functional teams.
- Manage projects for on-budget deliveries.
- Manage project escalations and drive project issue resolution to ensure timely and successful project launches.
- Proactively manage client pod delivery programs, communicates status, issues and risks to client services, clients and internal teams.
- Responsible for project management core practices: change request, issue logs, risk mitigation plans, escalation management, decision tracking, postmortems etc.
- Ensures group adherence to agree upon delivery methodologies (by function) minimizing overall project risks.
Essential Skills & Experience (Qualifications):
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Experience /understanding of CRM, Email, SMS and CDP, Enterprise-Level PPM software (Jira, Grenhopper, Rally, VersionOne, Resource Guru, etc.), Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools and dashboard tools.
- Operations and technical project delivery experience with a database agency or technology company.
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to grasp complex issues and translate them into easily understandable terms.
- Strong initiative and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects throughout various stages of the project life-cycle.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills focused on the ability to educate, coordinate and lead interdisciplinary teams through projects of short and long durations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and rolling out business and operational processes.
- Ability to interface effectively with team members from all functional disciplines as well as senior management without always relying on hardline project management tools.
- Ability to set expectations among internal and external groups regarding scope, timeline and quality of deliverables.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including senior level.